● To have a clear understanding of the concept of peace
● To explore and discover new methods of achieving sustainable peace
● To discover my role as a youth in promoting peace in my community
● To learn best practices in peacebuilding from different communities
● To identify ways of boosting my productivity at work
● To connect with myself and discover my inner potential
● To create an international platform where individuals and organizations across Africa connect with each other, learn and co-create a peaceful culture
● To hone your leadership, diplomacy, cultural, intercultural communication, critical thinking and self-development skills.
We welcome applications from citizens of African countries, but if you are interested and not from Africa, write to us through [email protected]
USD 100 for all participants (the fee covers Summit package- stationary, lunch and refreshments)
The participation cost has been set with a view that it is considerably affordable for participants coming from all backgrounds. However, international participants are expected to cover their return traveling expenses, visa cost and accommodation.
We will announce later how to pay the fees to all selected participants.
Upon request, we shall provide a sponsorship support document to help you source for funds within your networks.
29th July 2016 Midnight GMT+3.
Announcement of all successful candidates will be made during the first week of August 2016.
An electronic acceptance letter will be issued to all shortlisted participants and that can be used for your visa application, but it is personal responsibility of the applicant to obtain a visa in time for the Summit. It is crucial to start as soon as possible since obtaining a visa may take a while in many countries.
● You will get a certificate of participation in the 1st Africa Peace Summit.
● Discover about our fellowship and training opportunities.
The program of the summit will be intense, therefore if you want to visit Kenya and Nairobi, we advise you to arrive few days before the summit or stay few days longer after the summit